Semper Save finds and highlights military discounts. When you purchase something through a link on our site, the store sometimes pays us a fee. That’s how we continue to operate our site without charging our members – Not by selling your personal information.
What information do we collect and why?
We collect information that you provide to us (e.g., your name and email address) to provide our services and to communicate with you. Like most other websites, we also collect some information automatically (e.g., how users find, access, and use our site). We analyze this information to understand how we can improve our service.
We will be transparent about the information we collect and how we use it so that you can save time and money. If that sounds fair to you, then let’s start saving!
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We destroy your data as soon as it's no longer needed for the purposes you agreed to when you provided it.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us and automatically through operating our services.
The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Registration Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account (e.g., your name and email address).
- Content Information: In connection with using the Services, you may generate content that provides us with additional information about you (e.g., leaving a comment).
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with us about a support question.
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., [username] favorited “[content]” at [time/date]). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, backup and restore your content, and provide you support for the Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example, by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or find useful;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Semper Save and others; and
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Semper Save and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Semper Save and our products.
We do not sell your personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). This includes:
-- Memberstack: Memberstack is a SaaS product that helps us add secure user accounts. Memberstack helps us manage the registration information you provide to us (e.g., name, email address, etc.). For more information on the privacy practices of Memberstack, please visit Memberstack’s privacy web page.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information when we believe in good faith that it's necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Some cookies can be temporary (“session cookies” like those used for navigating your browser) and disappear once you close it. Others last longer (“persistent cookies,”like when you ask a site to remember your login) and are saved to your computer until you delete them.
Our uses of cookies and similar technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Necessary: Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.
- Functional: Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
- Analytics: Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, traffic source, etc.
- Performance: Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Any personal information that we collect and store through use of these technologies for categories 2 through 4 above are based on your consent, obtained through a conspicuous disclosure on our website during your first visit. You can withdraw this consent in your account settings. If you want to disable cookies entirely, your browser or mobile device might have an option to do that. For more information, including instructions on disabling cookies, please visit:
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.